Faithful Families Eating Smart and Moving More is excited to be offering a national train-the-trainer training for anyone in the country interested in implementing Faithful Families.
During this training, you will:
- Hear from the Faithful Families development team about the importance of faith-based health promotion.
- Explore concrete strategies to implement environmental changes in faith communities, drawing on resources from the Faithful Families program.
- Receive training on the Faithful Families curriculum, and develop a plan to train others in your community on the program.
- Develop an action plan to implement Faithful Families in your local community, and receive feedback from our development team on that plan.
This training is ideal for people who wish to implement the Faithful Families program in their local communities, but we will also discuss strategies for train-the-trainer programs, for those who want to train others to implement the program in their state.
The training will bring together a diverse set of faculty members and partners, from NC State University, the NC Division of Public Health, and other Faithful Families partners. Additionally, our closing keynote speaker will be Rev. Dr. Gary Gunderson, Vice President of Faith and Health Ministries at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center. We will also devote significant amount of time to hearing and learning from you.
The training will begin with coffee and tea at 8:00am on December 13th and will conclude at 5:00pm on December 14th.
- Coffee, tea, and breaks every day.
- Lunch every day.
- One copy of the Faithful Families curriculum per participant.
Registration fee: $500
Registration deadline: December 5, 2017
**Registration is limited to the first 50 confirmed registrants.
To register and view the training agenda, click here.