Join ASTHO and CDC for a webinar on the promotion of Walking and Walkable Communities. CDC’s Division of Nutrition, Physical Activity and Obesity will discuss their Status Report for Step It Up! The Surgeon General’s Call to Action to Promote Walking and Walkable Communities, which highlights the Call to Action and activities that were completed since its release. ASTHO will share recommendations for state and localities, outlined during the Walkable Communities Expert Roundtable, and highlight the state of Delaware that will share successes, challenges and lessons learned in improving the walkability of its communities.
- Understand the goals of Step It Up! The Surgeon General’s Call to Action to Promote Walking and Walkable Communities
- Highlight activities completed since the release of the Call to Action.
- Share state and local successes and challenges in improving the walkability of communities.
- Share recommendations drafted during ASTHO’s Walkable Communities Expert Roundtable
- Elizabeth Walker Romero, Health Improvement Senior Director at ASTHO
- David R. Brown, Senior Behavioral Scientist in the Division of Nutrition, Physical Activity and Obesity at CDC
- Dr. Karyl Rattay, Director, Division of Public Health at Delaware Department of Health & Social Services