CRC Screening Workgroup Learning Community
This learning community supports state comprehensive cancer control coalitions that have participated in the 80% by 2018 Forum held September 2015.
The goals for state teams that participated were to:
- Facilitate the creation of evidence-based action plans by the 11 teams of stakeholders representing the Comprehensive Cancer Control programs and coalitions, community health centers, and primary care associations attending the Forum.
- Present proven strategies that advance local implementation of state cancer plan CRC screening objectives, through the collaboration of stakeholders such as local health departments and Federally Qualified Health Centers.
- Provide training on the use of existing tools and resources designed to help increase CRC screening rates including The Guide to Community Preventive Services and Implementation, and Research-Tested Intervention Programs (RTIPS).
- Cultivate new and strengthen existing CRC state and local stakeholder relationships (Local Health Departments, Federally Qualified Health Centers, Primary Care Association, and GI Experts).
- Explore how Community Health Centers can integrate evidence-based colorectal cancer screening into practice, through multilevel collaborations. Additionally, increase subject-matter experts’ knowledge of the implementation challenges faced by Community Health Centers
The state teams that participated in the Forum are: Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Michigan, Mississippi, New York, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Texas, and Vermont.